Make Your Own CBD Drinks
CBD has proven to be beneficial to many people in several ways. For this reason, the CBD industry has grown ten-fold and people have discovered new and innovative ways to use it. In this article, I will be teaching you one of the many ways people use CBD to spice up something that’s already great and turn it into something amazing. Things like a fancy cocktail or a delicious latte to help give you an extra boost in the mornings. These drinks also lessen some of the guilt for the health- crazed as they are non- threatening and versatile. CBD also claims to have numerous health benefits that consumers can profit from, so why not unwind after an exhausting week with a delicious CBD cocktail?
Making CBD Syrup
First off, in order to make any sort of drink, the CBD needs to be put it into syrup form. This is so that it can be integrated into your drink easily. Doing this also maintains the essence of the original cocktail. It just gives it that extra kick.
CBD Syrup Ingredients
- 4 grams of decarboxylated flower (Decarboxylated flower is essential cannabis put in the oven on a low temperature so that it can be added to things like brownies or drinks etc… and it will still have the desired effect on the user)
- 2 cups of agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid lecithin
- 2 cups of water
CBD Syrup Method
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain it and let it cool
Now you know how to make the CBD syrup, so you can enjoy the added buzz to your food and drink, we can move on to the good stuff: How to make 4 of the most popular, and delicious, cocktails.
CBD Mint Julep
This drink is very minty, which is why it’s such a great CBD drink. The mix of flavours and herbs compliment each other very well in this delicious cocktail. They basically go hand in hand.
- 2 ounces of your favorite bourbon
- 5-10 mint leaves
- 1 ounce of CBD syrup
- ½ cup of crushed ice
- A splash of water
- Muddle the mint at the bottom of the cup to squeeze all the juices out and to enrich your drink.
- Next, add everything else in layers: Bourbon first, the CBD syrup and finally the ice.
- Top it all off with water and a mint leaf for garnish.
A classic cocktail with a beautiful twist to mellow you out during happy hour.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- ½ cup of ice
- 1 tsp of CBD syrup
- Puree in a blender.
- Decorate your glass and give it that classic ‘Margarita look’ by rolling the rim of the glass in salt.
- Pour your drink in and enjoy!
CBD Pisco Sour
The CBD in this cocktail calms down the bitterness in this drink, so if you love the idea but not quite the zing of the lime, this concoction is perfect for you.
- 3 ounces of Brandy
- 1 ½ ounces of CBD syrup
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup of ice
- 2-3 drops of bitters
- Combine the lime juice and the syrup in a blender – blend until all the syrup has evenly dissolved.
- Add the other ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Pour yourself a glass and enjoy!
CBD Corpse Reviver
A beautiful collection of tastes and flavors lives in your glass with this drink!
- ½ ounce of gin
- ½ ounce of Lillete Blonde
- ½ ounce of Cointreau
- 1 ounce CBD syrup
- 1 ½ ounce of Lemon Juice
- 1 dash absinthe
- Crushed ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake it all up with some ice and pour into a cocktail glass!
- If you feel like it, you can top it off with a pinch of absinthe.
Minty Iced Hemp Oil Latte
Now a drink for the caffeine addicts. This spicy drink and its mixtures of herbs and flavors will make your taste buds thank you. Why not skip the pumpkin spice latte this season and give this a go instead?
- 1 ½ cups of hemp milk (it doesn’t have to be hemp milk, it can even be almond milk if you prefer!)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp spirulina powder
- Mint chocolate CBD oil (or anything mint flavoured)
- 1tsp ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 date- pitted
- 1 drop of spearmint oil extract
- Sweetener to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except the ice and CBD oil, in a blender – blend for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Add ice and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Finally, add the hemp oil and then pulse again just to mix it all together.
- Should be served immediately.
Now you know how to spice up your evenings when a refreshing drink is the one thing on your mind after an exhausting week. Enjoy the recipes and even try experimenting with your own!
Now that you know how to make a wide range of CBD infused drinks, why not grab yourself a treat too? Check out our great range of CBD edibles today!