Balance CBD is currently seeking staff accountants to help build and support the finance team as our company is rapidly growing in a dynamic and fast-paced industry. The finance team is responsible for maintaining and delivering accurate data, financial results and metrics to various internal and external stakeholders for financial and management reporting purposes. We are looking for team members who are self-starters that enjoy being empowered, embrace responsibility and are interested in contributing towards a strong finance team that is focused on building efficient processes and developing reliable and accurate financial information.
As a team, staff accountants’ responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, ownership and review of GL data for completeness, accuracy and compliance with corporate IFRS accounting policies (includes preparation of journal entries, adjusting entries and intercompany entries on a day-to-day basis);
- Preparation and maintenance of reconciliations (e.g. bank reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations, intercompany account reconciliations and continuity schedules);
- Development and execution of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close procedures;
- Analysis and review of subsidiary reporting packages;
- Preparation of entity level and consolidated working papers to support quarterly reviews and year end audits;
- Support and assistance in the roll-up and preparation of the corporate consolidation process;
- Support and assistance in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated MD&A, financial statements and accompanying note disclosures
- Execution and maintenance of internal controls and supporting documentation;
- Preparation of income statement and balance sheet variance analyses against prior periods and budgets;
- Strive for continuous improvement in the execution of day-to-day responsibilities and provision of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end deliverables; and
- Other ad hoc projects, analyses, and duties as required.
- CPA Designation, currently enrolled in the CPA Program, or other relevant education;
- 2-3+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting, preferably in a dynamic and high-growth environment;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience with a multi-dimensional ERP system would be an asset;
- Experience working in a US or Canadian listed multi-national public company would be an asset;
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management;
- Possesses a strong ethical and moral compass; and
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently to deliver quality results.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Balance CBD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.