Balance CBD is a world-renowned integrated hemp company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global hemp industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Balance CBD provides a wide range of premium quality hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Balance CBD’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on hemp production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging hemp markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
Based in San Francisco, BC, the Senior Accountant reports to the VP, Finance and is responsible for maintaining the general ledger and providing support to the Finance team. Additionally, the Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial reporting to the senior leadership team.
- Support to operational business units
- Work on assigned duties related to month-end, quarterly and year-end closes (preparation of journal entries including accruals, adjusting entries, intercompany transactions, expense allocations, balance sheet account reconciliations, and balance sheet and income statement analysis
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including intercompany, consolidations and elimination entries between subsidiaries at a consolidated level
- Prepare and review internal financial statements complete with supporting analysis (balance sheet and income statement, etc.) in accordance with IFRS
- Manage accounts receivable aging, invoicing, cash receipts application and other accounts receivable related tasks as needed
- Accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports and cash accounts.
- Work closely with the operations teams to ensure proper accounting and internal controls are maintained on a company-wide basis
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support to VP, Finance and Controller when required
- Other special projects / duties as required
- CPA designation (CA, CGA or CMA)
- 3 – 5 years experience of full cycle accounting in a high-volume environment preferably in the manufacturing or related industry
- Public company experience would be an asset
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline drive environment
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Flexibility to assist with various tasks within the finance team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Balance CBD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.