BUSINESS ANALYST – San Francisco
Working within a cooperative team of professionals, the Business Analyst will seek solutions to lower costs and allow Balance CBD staff to more effectively perform their duties. In addition, the successful applicant will be assigned special projects and tasks covering the spectrum of the evolving international hemp industry.
- Gather and organize initial business requirements for systems and other tools related to the construction and operation of greenhouses;
- Gather, classify and sort lessons learned related to the construction and operation of Greenhouses and facilities;
- Document, using clear business language, processes used by Balance CBD and our sister entities;
- Support current department activities with an eye toward consistent improvement;
- Liaison with related operational departments to encourage the cross-pollination of good ideas, tools and techniques between Balance CBD and third party contractors;
- Support and actively participate in new initiatives that reduce Balance CBD’s cost of doing business and/or allow Balance CBD’s staff to more effectively accomplish their duties;
- Provide testing support and/or draft test plans and test cases for software tools, manufacturing processes and other activities;
- Be flexible as this department’s mandate will likely be fluid for the near term.
The ideal candidate for this position has had ample experience as a Business Analyst or similar role. They will have solid time management skills and the ability to seamlessly work on several concurrent initiatives. They should be willing to be positive change agents.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to business leaders’ needs and develop solutions using existing and new processes and tools;
- Thorough understanding Business Analyst standards demonstrated by credentials, formal educations or proven work experience;
- Active listener with strong people management and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and the ability to focus on the most important and time sensitive tasks first;
- Knowledge of the emerging hemp, construction, architectural, pharmaceutical and/or agricultural industries would be considered an asset;
- Accomplished presenter with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization;
- Strong collaboration skills to work in extremely fast-paced, dynamic team environment;
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business, management, hard science and/or related disciplines and at least three years related experience, or the equivalent in professional experience;
- A BA credential (e.g. PMI-PBA, IIBA CBAP) would be highly appreciated;
- Experience with initiatives involving multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment;
- Experience and/or education in the life sciences, manufacturing, horticulture or farming would be advantageous.
- Previous use of Change Management techniques or training in the discipline;
- Strong understanding and experience with IT operational process frameworks;
- Knowledge of computer systems technology, programming, design techniques, and/or any Software Development Lifecyle methodologies;
- Experience with document and records management using an enterprise system;
- Experience with SharePoint, MS Teams, MS Forms, MS Flow and other Microsoft Tools to solve business problems and increase collaboration and access to data;
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions;
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about our businesses.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Balance CBD is an Equal Opportunity Employer