ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will provide all the financial, administrative and transactional support required for an evolving Finance team, which includes, but is not limited to the maintenance of accurate records and files, processing of invoices and payments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the accounts payable inbox, scan invoices and statements, and all supporting documentation as necessary
- Manage electronic accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other ad-hoc corporate documents
- Manage the creation and maintenance of vendor records
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Check invoice approvals, including signatures, cost center and authority level
- Code invoices and employee expense reports to correct GL accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments regarding discrepancies or issues
- Prepare weekly payment runs, which includes: cheques, wire, EFT, etc.
- Perform bi-monthly credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the Company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and proper documentation of all charges incurred
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects
- University degree in accounting preferred
- Over 3 years of accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required
- Previous experience dealing with an ERP system (Ceridian a bonus), multiple entities and currencies
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high growth environment
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Balance CBD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.