Is CBD Oil Legal in Alabama?
Are you wondering if CBD Oil is legal in Alabama? If so, then check out our article today!
CBD oil is legal federally. In 2018, the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018 (aka the Farm Bill) legalized CBD that falls under the following conditions:
- Contains less than 0.3% THC.
- CBD that is derived from Hemp.
It’s no secret that there are many complicated laws around the cannabidiol – but those above are the pure facts. When you buy CBD oil, consumers feel like they are doing something illegal. However, this is not the case.
What is the Farm Bill?
The farm bill has made hemp legal to grow in all 50 states of America – as long as you have the relevant licenses.
Due to the legalization of hemp via the farm bill, CBD has become very popular. Remember, CBD can be derived from the hemp plant, or the marijuana plant.
For CBD products to be legal, they must be derived from the hemp plant (this is because there is less THC in the hemp plants, than the marijuana plant).
This brings us on to the next point, for the CBD product to be legal, it must contain less than 0.3% THC.
Due to the association of CBD with the cannabis plant, people across Alabama get confused with the legality of CBD – however, there is no need to worry.
If you buy CBD oil in Alabama, or CBD products in Alabama from Balance CBD then you are guaranteed to get CBD that is legal in Alabama.
All of our CBD products contain less than 0.3% THC, and others such as our THC Free CBD Oil contain no THC at all.
CBD is a non-psychoactive, and cannot get you high, so there is no cause for concern! You can learn more about CBD in our “What is CBD?” guide.
Nevertheless, CBD relation to cannabis means that some would be buyers of CBD oil would be naturally concerned, so when buying CBD oil in Alabama we recommend following these guidelines to make sure that you do not buy illegal CBD.
Is CBD legal in Alabama?
Yes. CBD is legal in Alabama.
After the passage of the farm bill, Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall issued a notice which said that “CBD derived from industrial hemp, with a THC concentration of not more than .3% on a dry weight basis, can be legally produced, sold and possessed in the state of Alabama”.
This means that you can legally buy CBD oil in Alabama.
How to Buy CBD oil in Alabama
- Lab Results: Does the company you are buying from offer lab results before you purchase?
- Full-spectrum vs. CBD Isolate: Remember, for CBD oil to be legal in Alabama, it must contain less than 0.3% THC.
Full-spectrum CBD contains less than 0.3% THC and lets you experience the entourage effect.The entourage effect lets you experience all the benefits of the other compounds found in the hemp plant.
CBD isolate products contain pure CBD. These CBD oils contain zero THC. These are great for people who are new to CBD and want to test it out or those who want absolutely no other compound in their system.
- CBD Strength: Power users or those looking for stronger effects may prefer CBD oil that is available in 1000 mg and 1500 mg, whereas those new to CBD should go for something lower, for example, a 500 mg product.
- Extraction Method: You want to make sure that the CBD that you buy is cleaned of any unwanted toxins. The supercritical carbon dioxide extraction method allows this. Any other CBD extraction method will result in inferior quality CBD oil.
Where to buy CBD oil in Alabama?
We offer fast shipping, and you can order right to your door! Check out our products today, or if you’re unsure as to what CBD product is right for you, then you can try our quiz today.