Working out is rewarding but can also be exhausting. If you want to maximize your results, a post-workout meal can be the difference-maker by restoring some of the energy you exerted during your workout. You want to choose foods high in specific nutrients and not choose unhealthy foods that will have you feeling lethargic and unwell. A poor diet can undo the hard work you put in at the gym.
People have turned to CBD to give their bodies an extra boost. CBD is an excellent way to treat your body post-workout. It’s an easy addition to any recipe. There are flavorless and flavored tinctures that allow you to add just the right amount of CBD to your dish without overpowering the taste.
How Does It Work?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol. It is one of cannabis’ active compounds but is not psychoactive, meaning that it will not get you high.
We all have an endocannabinoid system (ECS), which keeps our bodies in balance. Our bodies produce endocannabinoids, which are integral to the workings of the ECS. Compounds in cannabis are almost identical to these endocannabinoids. Consuming CBD helps facilitate the smooth functioning of the ECS.
Why Post-Workout Nutrition is Important
Working out can push you to your limits or should at least be strenuous enough to make it feel like actual ‘work.’ Your body must use up protein and burn glycogen to get through a workout. A workout affects proteins in your body and needs to replenish glycogen to rebuild these proteins. Eating protein after working out also helps rebuild these proteins.
The benefits of CBD are a bonus to your post-workout meal. Many users claim that CBD helps with pain and inflammation.
A fantastic source of protein is salmon. Below you can find a delectable dish complete with a healthy amount of CBD.
Salmon is very lean and one of the best forms of protein you can eat. This fish is rich in nutrients, including amino acids. Boost the benefits with CBD.
- 1 cup organic raw honey
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 free-range salmon fillets
- Dropper-Balance CBD Oil Tinctures Strawberry Lemonade 500 mg
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place 1 cup of honey in a small bowl
- Pour in the ⅓ cup of soy sauce and whisk together.
- Add in the minced garlic and minced ginger and continue to whisk.
- Place 2 salmon fillets into a ziplock bag, followed by the dressing.
- Close the bag, shake it up, and place into the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated salmon onto a greased baking pan and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes before turning off.
- Allow the marinade to cool.
- Just before the marinade is about to thicken, add in a dropper–full of Balance CBD Strawberry Lemonade CBD Tincture
- Stir up lightly
- When the salmon is cooked, brush the CBD-infused glaze over the fish.
- Garnish with a pinch of sesame seeds.
Have you got a favorite CBD recipe? Let us know in the comments below.